Monday, June 17, 2013

you've been on my mind...

this little blog of mine has been on my mind.

i keep thinking about all of the things going on in my life and while it can be so crazy and busy or simple and unplanned, it's never boring and it always goes by so fast.

sooooo fast.

like, i am the mom of a pre-teen. WHEN did that happen?!

so i've been thinking about my blog and how i love to go back and read about the things we've done, the places we've gone, they way my children looked before they were so big. and... while i have been living life, i haven't been recording life.

{insert sad face}

but... it's summertime (YAY!) and we made our summer list this morning. i have been planning crafts and water coloring and treat eating and memory-making activties alllll morning long.

i'm looking forward to sharing them here, so that someday i will look back and marvel at how little my kids (and pre-teen) once were and wonder "how did they grow up so fast?" but i will be smiling, because i captured some special moments in writing and in pictures.

it's kind of like a little gift for myself in the future.

 we are ready for a fun-filled summer! 
are you?


 photo IMG_6484_zps4c4f6d1c.jpg

1 comment:

mykecusa said...

Julie I understand how the pictures from the early years can bring out wonderful memories of experiences gone by so quickly. I once had a few photo albums with pictures that were taken pre-digital. Stories could be told about each picture in those albums. I smile even remembering some of them... I applaud you getting back in touch with this album. I certainly understand how busy and complex your life can be. I am selfish, as I really enjoy reading your prose and looking at the pictures you post. Keep up the great story line.

PoppaBear