Thursday, September 22, 2011

she wrote what?!

last week i was writing some math vocabulary on the board when i realized i made a spelling error. i quickly erased it.

this is when i sigh with relief that not too many first graders are reading or paying much attention to me at this point in the year.

but i start giggling. and i can't stop.

i look over my shoulder and see 23 wide-eyed 6 year olds staring at me. "did you see what i wrote?" i asked.

nothing.

then i see the 24th student in my class with a big smile on his face. "yeah... addition fart" he says.

there's an uproar of laughter for about three minutes, before we i finally regain composure and continue with the lesson.

not my best first grade story, but definitely in the top 3.

if you leave me funny comments today, maybe i'll tell you my top 2 stories.

4 comments:

MIL said...

I don't have a funny story -- but would like to hear the other 2 from you:) Loved this one!!!

mykecusa said...

hmmmmm I had a math teacher once hand out a quiz that read, "If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, how many chickens can a rooster lay in a fortnight and a half ?" He later had to appologize to the class.

Is that a math fart too ?

mykecusa said...

As I recall I was critiqued badly by someone for using the term 'Jackass' for the painting of a donkey one time when giving an art docent presentation. Times change I guess..

Julie said...

oh my goodness, dad. you said "jackass" in front of a class of 12 year olds! the kids thought you were either crazy or the coolest dad in the world.

mil, i will share my funny stories since your my favorite mil :)