Thursday, March 3, 2011

confessions

ben's "happy birthday" sign is still hanging up.

my floor hasn't been mopped since...?

there is a layer of dust on the bookcase.

our hallway shower hasn't had grout since i was on maternity leave and started chipping away at it.

i can hardly see out of the windows above the kitchen sink.

there is a load (or three) of laundry to be washed, folded, and put away.

the vacuum cleaner has made itself a permanent fixture in my living room, yet i haven't vacuumed since the weekend.

i plan for a healthy meal each night of the week, but sometimes i am too tired to cook, so i heat up something from the freezer.

i haven't sewn anything since my flag banner, but i haven't put my sewing machine away either.

dishes are piling up in the sink and on the counter, because the dishwasher is full... of clean dishes.

my bed isn't made... again.

i'm typing this instead of fixing any of the above things!

sometimes being a wife, mommy of four, and working mama is HARD! i run out of energy a lot, but more than that i run out of time. that is so frustrating to me! i try to *not care* about the above things, but the reality is i do care. so then i get even more frustrated and mad that no one else cares about these things and that they exist in the first place. such a ruthless cycle. i want to do and be more for my family, but there are days when i just want to crawl into bed and take a good long nap. after all, i'm not sure when the last time was that i slept more than 3 hours at a time. *yawn*

i'm not complaining. this is the life i chose and i love my life. i just want you to know it's not perfect or pretty or fun all the time. blogland can look that way sometimes.

what's something on your to-do list that you hope to get done this week?

Photobucket

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Tomorrow is the last day of the trimester = I've been neglecting everything at home lately, and will continue to for at least the next week until I get report cards done! ugh...

Alissa said...

Laundry! How can the addition of a very small someone add so much laundry?? Her incessant drooling means that she goes through about 5-6 bibs a day!

brenparker said...

I'm a little late for the week this was posted -- but my goal for this current week is to finish the blanket for someone special and get it in the mail to him:) along with his birthday present.