Wednesday, March 23, 2011

monkey boy


zach has always been my little monkey. running, jumping, climbing over everything. he's now officially swinging across the monkey bars at school, too. such a school-age milestone. i know he's been working hard (mostly at being brave). this video was taken a while ago. he can now skip bars as he crosses the apparatus. he's one proud monkey.

zach often gets compared to joe as a kid. the daring, never stops, often gets injured kind of kid. joe jokingly refers to our 2nd born as "zachary 'head-wound' parker." he has had his fair share of head injuries.

i'd like to think he got some of that monkey-skill from me, too. i was a whiz on the bars in elementary school. i didn't get any head wounds though--i just needed to be kept away from roller skates!

when you were a kid, were you a monkey?

2 comments:

Alissa said...

Monkey kid? Probably not. I ran away from the ball when I was on a soccer team... I didn't want to get dirty! I did like the bars at school though. I got pretty good at the rings in 3rd grade and the stationary bar in 4th. You go "head-wound"!

Jennifer Parker said...

not me! but I remember when Joe was little and (I am sure you've heard this story) he was jumping on the bed, fell and landed on the bed post - with his cheek (face cheek)! whoa that was a bruise. And then the time when a dog bit his head. Talk about some head wounds..

So I think zachary should be head-wound jr! he is pretty awesome on those monkey bars.