Monday, July 18, 2011

35 things

have you heard of this? i first saw this a couple of years ago on another blog. the list was harder to make than i thought it would be. i look forward to checking things off though. i'll post it again next year and let you know what i did and didn't do.

35 things i want to do when i'm 35... 
1. sew a pillowcase dress
2. learn to play the guitar
3. make a skirt
4. make homemade cinnamon rolls
5. go camping
6. go to the snow
7. have date night once a month
8. run a 5k
9. paint my bathroom
10. make 5 freezer meals--one for each wednesday during a given month
11. re-do hallway pictures
12. organize kids' storage bins
13. send birthday cards to family and friends
14. read harry potter, book 1, to my children
15. make another (better) rainbow cake
16. get a family picture taken
17. go out to dinner in a dress
18. eat clean for one month
19. write to sony at least every other month
20. go to seattle
21. lose 10 pounds
22. take kids to the ocean
23. organize family photo albums
24. ben's baby book--1st year
25. natalie's baby book--1st year
26. go to nevada
27. visit great grandpa
29. support darien at disney world
30. visit family in michigan
31. teach kids how to do their own laundry-ha!
32. design and make a headboard for our bed
33. go on field trips with my kids
34. tile bathroom floor
35. write a children's story

i wonder what i'll do first... :) 
leave a comment with your suggestion!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

I have a great recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls - I'll email it to you when find it :)

That's quite a list!!!

Alissa said...

Um, Seattle of course!!!!

Jennifer said...

Well, I have to say, I selfishly vote (and i get three votes to my household, four if you count the cat) for #29 and #30, although you don't have to do them first :)

A children's book sounds great and if I were there I would gladly watch the kids for date night - awesome list..oh and feel free to send a slice of the new and improved rainbow cake; sounds yummy!

Remember 35 is the new 25.

nana said...

Oh my, what a list indeed!!! What is a pillowcase dress??? I bet you accomplish most of everything on the list, if not all of it. Who knows, maybe you'll do much more. Anyway, GOOD LUCK... I'm rooting for you!!!

mykecusa said...

I like seeing 2 and 23 on the list. You are quite a tool young lady. I'll bet you get them all done.