Monday, July 11, 2011

good food, animal scavenger hunt, and worst shopping trip ever

saturday we had big plans to do fun things and check, check, check off items on the summer list.

it started with a trip here...

Photobucket

in-n-out burger--yum!! love this place.


then we went on a walk and searched for animals here...

Photobucket

sculpture park--have you ever been there? i remember driving to my grandma and grandpa's house and seeing the tower or twisted red metal from the freeway. i thought it was weird.


we looked for spiders here...

Photobucket

and snakes here...

Photobucket

and all the while i said "don't put your hands or feet in there." again and again and again. ben asked, "can i put my head in there?"


Photobucket

Photobucket
a rare photo of mom and dad taken by zach


we had a nice, quiet drive to the grocery store...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


and after the worst shopping trip ever, this is the only kid i wanted to bring home...

Photobucket


thankfully the good outweighed the bad. and my darling children filled up my energy quite nicely by:
  • picking up toys
  • sweeping the kitchen floor
  • mopping the kitchen floor
  • cleaning the toilets
  • vacuuming the living room
  • dusting
  • cleaning the tiles in the hallway
thank you love and logic!

hope you all had a great weekend.  happy monday!!

...........................................................................


editing to add this photo...

Photobucket
my belly one year ago today!

3 comments:

nana said...

Just LOVE your posts :)))))) I can only imagine what went on in the store...good thing Raley's "LOVES MOM'S"! Can't say that I wish I'd been along for the animal scavenger hunt, but don't hesitate to include me any time you do other stuff... anything, on or off the "list"!!!

nana said...

I forgot to mention your "baby belly"... LOVE and MISS that tummy :) Hmmmm, will we ever see it again?????

mykecusa said...

Hmmmmmm ... if you had to go home to get one of your children's piggybanks, and then return to the store, I might consider your excursion, "The Worst".

Nice outing searching for the creepy crawlers ... Such courageous grandsons.