Saturday, July 16, 2011

saturday

35.

that's how old i almost am.

today we had a family party to celebrate me turning 35. that's how old i will turn on monday at 11:37 am. and not a minute sooner. can't say i am crazy about turning 35. i mean, that's half way to 70.

i did have a very nice party and i loved being treated like a queen. i had yummy bbq chicken and salad and sweet potato fries. oh, and cake. i know i said i don't like cake all that much and that is still true. except for this cake...

Photobucket
love this photo because ben and i are blowing out the candles and taylor is yelling at us "you are blowing out UNLIT candles, you know!" (the wind had blown them out already)

this is chocolate godiva cake and it is amazing in every way and if i made it, i know it wouldn't be nearly as good. my mom has to make it. she makes it sooooo good. i have had this cake every year for my birthday for as long as i can remember... since i've been 21, anyway. see the cake balls and cake pops in the picture? those are for the little rascals. no godiva cake for them, which means i have half a birthday cake left to keep in my freezer and snack on for the next few weeks.

thank you family for the lovely evening. and a special thank you to my mom for going the extra mile and making my special birthday cake dairy free this year! :)

3 comments:

nana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
nana said...

Let me just say, I have more technical difficulties with my PC than anyone else I know.

Regarding your cake... you are soooooo very welcome. I LOVE pleasing my kids... the big ones as well and the littles ones. I'd also like to add that I just finished eating the 'cake ball' you left for me. It was so totally delicious... I'm so glad that you only left one cause they are hard to resist. Today was a wonderful day. I LOVE spending time with my family. Happy Birthday Julie. Love you Lots!!!

Alissa said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! (Well, still a little early) : ) : ) : )

That cake sounds amazing! Wish we were there with you.